COCOS HOTEL ANTIGUA COVID19 UPDATES
COVID Vaccination Requirement For Arrival
The Government of Antigua no longer requires COVID-19 vaccination for entry.
COVID Testing Requirement For Arrival
The Government of Antigua no longer requires COVID-19 testing for entry.
COVID Testing Requirement For Departure
If you require testing for departure the following can be arranged in resort:
- Viral/Antigen tests - US$120 per couple or US$60 per person.
- RT-PCR test - US$400 per couple or US$200 per person.
Please contact us if you require any assistance or additional information in this regard.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
In these dynamic times we want you to feel confident in making your reservation without the fear that circumstances beyond your control may result in any form of financial loss to you.
Accordingly, we have amended our cancellation policy to allow all travelers penalty free cancellation at any time, where such cancellation is brought about by:
- Imposed travel and/or border restrictions beyond your control
- COVID-19 or related illness being endured by you, your partner or a member of your household which would result in your travel posing a health risk to others
- Hurricane or storm related force majeure that make it impossible for you to travel as scheduled
Now that you can book with confidence, here is a quick list of the main changes you can expect to see at the resort and the reasons why you can feel assured that your health and safety will be guaranteed at COCOS.
A Natural “Social Distancing” Destination
COCOS is a small 35 cottage resort situated on over 8 acres of beach front land. Each accommodation unit is very private and physically separated from any other unit by at least 30 feet. There are no elevators, communal staircases, central air conditioning and the like. There are two spacious beaches on site ensuring that overcrowding here is virtually impossible. Every trip you make from your cottage to any other area on the site is made in fresh, open air.
In short, you could not ask for a better location in which to vacation at a time like this.
All this being said, we have also taken a number of measures to ensure both your safety and that of our staff and team members until such time as we are able to return to the good old days of a pre-COVID normal.
- The existing air-conditioned reception building has been decommissioned and a new open-air reception/guest services facility built at the entrance to the restaurant.
- The guest lounge adjacent to the restaurant/new reception area has been doubled in size and more lounge chairs added to ensure adequate social distancing.
- You will be required to complete an on-line check-in form including the following mandatory items:
- Digital image upload of passport bio page for each traveler
- Mobile contact number for each traveler
- Email addresses for each traveler
- Credit card information, where not already on our system, will be collected by telephone after your arrival.
- You will be administered a contact free temperature check upon arrival only out of an abundance of caution. If you leave the property on a tour or outing you will also have your temperature checked, in similar manner, upon return.
- While on property we advise that you use the internal SMS messaging system or telephones to contact staff/management as opposed to visiting reception.
- Our Restaurant is (and has always been) alfresco, making it extremely suitable for risk mitigation in the circumstances.
- We continue to serve all meals a la carte, having never offered buffets.
- Two additional dining pavilions have been constructed, expanding the total dining room space and leaving more room for the restaurant lounge area. There are now 5 open-air pavilions, each between 400 to 625 square feet in area. This means that all guests can be safely seated simultaneously with four to six tables per pavilion.
- Tablecloths will be eliminated for all meals and replaced with wicker/poly place mats that are cleanable on demand.
- All Dining Room furniture will be thoroughly sanitized prior to the start of every meal and, where applicable, the changeover of a table from one dining couple to another.
- Private Beach Dinners will remain on offer.
- Standard in-room amenities will now be expanded to include hand sanitizer, disposable face masks, and aerosol disinfectant spray. Wearing of masks is not mandatory but we strongly suggest you use them when practicable and necessary for the protection of yourself and others.
- You will have the option to accept traditional daily maid service or to receive fresh linen supplies and do changeovers yourselves, if you so desire.
- Room servicing protocols will now be expanded to include the following procedures:
- Daily sanitizing of all high touch areas such as light switches, toilet handles, doorknobs kettles and mini fridges, telephones, table and chair surfaces, air conditioning and pool light remotes.
- In addition to standard cleaning procedures, ALL fabric items and soft furnishings will be steam cleaned for every arriving room, that is, at the changeover from one set of guests to another.
- Maintenance checks/pool servicing and mini bar stocking for arriving rooms will all be conducted PRIOR to the room attendant completing servicing of an arriving room. Rest assured that you will be the first person to access your room on arrival, after its has been serviced and sanitized by Housekeeping.
- Public area cleaning protocols will now be expanded to include the following procedures:
- Daily steam cleaning of cushions and throw pillows in public lounges.
- Steam cleaning of beach lounger cushions at the start of each day. We encourage you to stick to using the same set of beach loungers for any given day.
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing of all public toilets.
- The hotel has recruited the services of two medical doctors who will be on call in the event of an emergency. We have developed documented procedures which are to be implemented should anyone on site develop symptoms.
- We have invested in staff training/sensitization and PPE. Expect the persons who you encounter on a regular basis to be wearing face masks, face shields, disposable gloves and aprons, depending on the nature of the functions being undertaken. Staff also undergo daily checks and protocols to ensure that they are fit for work and do not pose a risk to other.
- The Spa facility will be open but with a tailored menu of treatments and under strict Covid-19 protocols. All treatments will need to be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- No personal guest laundry service will be provided until further notice.
- Beach towels will continue to be dispensed via existing self-service huts
- When requesting drinks at the bar we ask that you exercise normal distancing etiquette and approach the bar tender one couple at a time.
We know that some of the above may be painful at worst or irritating at best, but we trust in your good sense and understanding given these unprecedented times. We urge you therefore to abide by the universally known safety protocols of social distancing, self-sanitizing, and use of limited PPE (when practicable) while vacationing with us.
Despite all the present challenges we remain deeply committed to ensuring that you have the most enjoyable vacation possible while staying safe in the process.
See you soon!